Chef Shaun O'Neale
JUNE 16-23, 2018
Shaun O’Neale exploded onto the culinary scene in September 2016 when he claimed the title of America’s best home cook and was named Season #7 Champion of the cooking show MasterChef. A self-taught chef who educated himself and honed his skill by reading cookbooks, studying the history of food and traveling the globe to absorb different cultures and flavors, Shaun graduated from reality star to culinary star in May 2017 with the release of his debut cookbook “My Modern American Table”.
During his season of MasterChef, Shaun won over the palates of chefs like Gordon Ramsay, Christina
Tosi, Daniel Boulud and Wolfgang Puck with his bold flavors and flawless presentation. He carried the same techniques that earned him a record-setting eight wins in the MasterChef kitchen through to the completion of his cookbook. “My Modern American Table” teaches other home cooks how to recreate Shaun’s upscale, modern dishes.
During this magical week learning and cooking together with Shaun in the Tuscan countryside, you will be led on the ultimate farm to table culinary adventure, using the very best ingredients picked straight from the farm and local purveyors, polishing your techniques and learning how to use new ingredients, leaving you inspired for years to come.
There is no better setting for this intimate and all-inclusive week, than the Villa Montecastello. From the seductive charm of the Tuscan hills as seen from every view at this hilltop villa, to the impeccable cuisine, there is no place better equipped to be the home base for exploring this region than this magnificent luxe-agriturismo. The 1000 year old exclusive estate is a working organic farm and olive orchard that has been immaculately renovated to oﬀ e r its visitors an authentic luxury experience in Tuscany. Located one hour south of Florence, the Villa is surrounded by olive groves, with vineyards and nature reserves at its base. Villa Montecastello is a full size working organic farm, producing award winning extra virgin olive oil, as well as a unique and vast assortment of garden produce and herbs which will be used in your meals throughout the week. The villa is home to an array of farm animals including the local breed of Cinta Senesi pig, donkeys, horse, chicken, and guinea fowl.
Every detail of your week will be taken care of with the utmost attention to detail, so all you have to do is arrive and be ready to let Shaun lead you through a culinary journey of a lifetime.
- Saturday: Arrival to Villa Montecastello, light lunch upon arrival. Time to relax and freshen up. Tour the grounds, vegetable gardens and meet the animals that live on-site. Sunset prosecco reception and aperitivo, followed by a welcome dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Sunday: Breakfast. Charcuterie and cheese making: We’ll take a look at the ancient art of drying meat expertly done by Villa Montecastello, after we will move to the kitchen to make fresh cheeses. Light lunch of charcuterie and fresh cheese. Free time to relax. Afternoon cooking class featuring vegetables from the garden, Confit Tomato Crostini with Fresh Ricotta, Charred Spring Veggie Salad and much more! Light dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Monday: Breakfast. Pasta Day! Italian classics with Cacio e Pepe, Spaghetti Carbonara and Papardelle with Lamb Ragu. Lunch will be our creations along with a fresh salad from the garden. Free time to relax. For the afternoon cooking class we will dive back in with two amazing stuﬀed pastas, Confit Duck Leg and Foie Gras Agnolotti and Squid Ink and Lobster Ravioli. Dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Tuesday: Breakfast. Depart for a full day in Florence! A free day to explore the crown jewel of Tuscany on your own! Lunch on your own, dinner together at a famous Bistecca Alla Fiorentina restaurant!
- Wednesday: Breakfast. Morning trip to Montalcino for a winery tour and Brunello tasting. Lunch together in the town of Montalcino at a restaurant with unbeatable views of the countryside. Free time to kick back. Late after- noon cooking class: Whole suckling pig and sides prepared to go with grill night at Villa Montecastello.
- Thursday: Brunch class: Truﬄe, Spinach and Prosciutto Frittata, Scotch Egg with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce, French Toast with Berry Syrup. Brunch at Villa Montecastello. Oﬀ to Siena for a day trip with free time to explore on your own and dinner together at a favorite local restaurant.
- Friday: Breakfast. Morning class: Its dessert day. We will learn a traditional Panna Cotta and a beautiful Dark Chocolate Souﬄé. Lunch at Villa Montecastello. Free time for hiking, reading, exploring, relaxing and taking it all in. Farewell Dinner Pizza Party night at Villa Montecastello with local artisanal beers – make your own pizza in a 1000 year old outdoor oven under the guidance of a local Pizzaiolo.
- Saturday: Breakfast, goodbyes and departure for airports.
All Inclusive Accommodations
Each room is uniquely furnished with the utmost attention to detail. All rooms oﬀer luxury hand ironed linens, hand made olive oil soap and shampoo, fresh cut flowers, air conditioning and free WiFi throughout the villa. Villa Montecastello oﬀers 8 room options of varying sizes and pricing, each is filled with beautiful antiques, warmth and charm. The Villa Montecastello has many shared sitting areas both inside and out, a library filled with books about Italy, food and wine, as well as an on site wine shop, and a cellar with wines dating back to the 1970’s.
The week includes all overnight accommodations at Villa Montecastello, 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners, welcome prosecco reception, all fine wines for classes and tours, curated selection of house wine and bottled water with lunch and dinners, private wine expert guide and cooking instructor, all local transportation as described in the itinerary, airport pickup and drop oﬀ at Florence airport. Daily breakfast buﬀet includes locally baked goods and produce, coﬀee, tea and juice. Special breakfast items available upon request.
Not Included in Pricing: Airfare, extra beverages outside of itinerary, transportation or activities outside of itinerary. Extra surcharge for airport pickups outside of the designated times and location.
- Leccino Luxury Suite: $6200 per person for double occupancy - The largest apartment oﬀering the most comfort and space with one bedroom with Queen bed, a private living room with pull out sofa bed, fireplace, living room area, kitchen and large ensuite bathroom
- Frantoio Suite: $5900 per person for double occupancy, $6500 per person for single occupancy - Our most romantic room, beautifully appointed with a King size canopy bed and ensuite bathroom with claw foot tub
- Pendolino Studio: $5600 per person for double occupancy, $6200 per person for single occupancy - A charming studio with Queen bed, private ensuite bathroom and kitchenette
- Foresteria Room: $5600 per person for double occupancy, $6200 per person for single occupancy - A beautiful large bedroom with King bed or two Twin beds and private ensuite bathroom
- Moraiolo Bedrooms #1 & #2: $5300 per person for double occupancy, $5900 per person for single occupancy - Cozy and lovely rooms with private bathrooms across the hallway, just a few steps outside the room. Bedroom #1 has the option for a King bed or two Twin beds. Bedroom #2 has a Queen bed.
- Frantoio Bedrooms #1 & #2: $5000 per person for double occupancy, $5600 per person for single occupancy - Two beautifully appointed rooms with an extra large shared bathroom just a few steps outside the room. There are two separate rooms in the bathroom for extra privacy, one for the toilet and one for the shower and vanity. Perfect for two friends who want their own room but don’t mind sharing a bathroom.
*Note for online bookings a booking fee of 3% is included in the pricing.
For questions or to book directly email email@example.com or call 973.327.2336