Chefs Anna & David Posey
October 6-14, 2018
Chef power couple Anna and David Posey will bring the philosophies from their Michelin starred restaurant, Elske, in Chicago, to Tuscany to teach an intimate, hands on week of cooking the farm and exploring the beautiful seasonal ingredients of the Tuscan countryside.
Named one of Bon Appetite's Best New Restaurants 2017, Anna and David will draw from Elske’s seasonal New American menu with touches of Nordic-influences, marrying this simplistic fare with the beautiful ingredients available in Italy. Each day in Italy the group will set out to explore a single ingredient by visiting farmers, artisans and makers, then head back to the kitchen to make the most of the days discovery, exploring together the different ways to highlight their most unique qualities.
Anna & David will share their passion for the kitchen and quality ingredients and leave guests with a lifetime of memories and the confidence to explore their own culinary intuition and sense of wonder in the market and their home kitchen.
The setting for this week long adventure will be the 1000 year old exclusive estate, Villa Montecastello, a working organic farm and olive orchard that has been immaculately renovated to
offer its visitors an authentic and understated luxury experience in Tuscany. Located one hour south of Florence, the Villa is surrounded by olive groves, with vineyards and nature reserves at its base. Villa Montecastello is a full size working organic farm, producing award winning extra virgin olive oil, as well as a unique and vast assortment of garden produce which will be used in your cooking throughout the week. The villa is home to an array of farm animals including the local breed of Cinta Senesi pig, donkeys, chicken and guinea fowl, producing fresh farm raised meat and eggs. Your week spent in this storybook setting will be complemented by clean farm to table eating, magical day trips to ancient local towns and hamlets, visits to boutique vineyards of Tuscany, and meals out to explore how the locals eat.
For more on Anna + David visit elskerestaurant.com
- Day 1: Arrival to Villa Montecastello, light lunch upon arrival. Time to relax and freshen up. Tour the grounds, vegetable gardens and meet the animals that live on site. Sunset prosecco toast and welcome dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Day 2: Tour: Olive Oil// Make: A Dinner Featuring Olive Oil - Breakfast. Tour the olive groves and learn how to harvest and press olive oil. If the timing is right,we will press fresh olive oil. Lunch at Villa Montecastello. Afternoon cooking class and dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Day 3: Tour: Wineries// Make: Wine Inspired Dinner - Breakfast. Late morning trip to Montalcino for a winery tour and Brunello tasting. Lunch in Montalcino at Osteria . Afternoon cooking class. Dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Day 4: Tour: All Day Vinegar Exploration in Modena - Breakfast. Morning departure to Modena to visit a renowned vinegar producer for an exploration of the Acetaia and vinegar tasting. Lunch in Modena. Afternoon free time to explore the town on your own. Dinner out together at a local trattoria in Colle Val d’Elsa.
- Day 5: Tour: Foraging// Make: A Meal Inspired by Todays Bounty - Breakfast. Morning foraging exploration in the local nature reserve for mushrooms, juniper berries and more. Lunch at Villa Montecastello. Afternoon cooking class. Dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Day 6: Tour: Pecorino Producer// Make: How to Cook with Sheeps Milk - Breakfast. Trip to Pecorino Producer with cheese tasting and lunch. Afternoon cooking class and dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Day 7: Tour: Butcher// Make: Cooking Meat - Breakfast. Morning visit to the local butcher in Colle Val d’Elsa with time to explore the old town. Lunch out at local Trattoria. Afternoon cooking class followed by dinner at Villa Montecastello.
- Day 8: Breakfast and departure for airport.
ALL INCLUSIVE ACCOMMODATIONS
Villa Montecastello will be your private Tuscan oasis during this week long retreat. The week includes all overnight accommodations at Villa Montecastello, all breakfasts, lunches, dinners, welcome prosecco reception, house curated wine selection with lunch and dinner, private class
instruction and all tools needed to participate in cooking classes, excursions, all local transportation
as described in the itinerary, airport pickup and drop off at Florence airport only. Daily breakfast buffet includes locally baked goods and produce, coffee, tea and juice. Special breakfast items available upon request. Not Included in Pricing: Airfare, extra beverages outside of meals, transportation or activities outside of itinerary. On site massage available for booking.
Each room is uniquely furnished with the utmost attention to detail. All rooms offer luxury hand ironed linens, hand made olive oil soap and shampoo, fresh cut flowers and air conditioning. Villa Montecastello offers 8 room options of varying sizes and pricing, with many shared sitting areas both inside and out, a library filled with books about Italy, food and wine, as well as a professional chef’s kitchen where your cooking classes will take place.
For more on Villa Montecastello visit montecastelli.com
- Leccino Luxury Suite // $6400 per person for double occupancy: The largest apartment offering the most comfort and space with one bedroom with Queen bed, a private living room with pull out sofa bed, fireplace, living room area, kitchen and large en suite bathroom.
- Frantoio Suite // $6100 per person for double occupancy: Our most romantic room, beautifully appointed with a King size canopy bed and en suite bathroom with claw foot tub.
- Pendolino Studio // $5800 per person for double occupancy, $6400 per person for single occupancy: A charming studio with Queen bed, private en suite bathroom and kitchenette.
- Foresteria Bedroom // $5800 per person for double occupancy, $6400 per person for single occupancy: A beautiful large bedroom with King bed or two Twin beds and private en suite bathroom.
- Moraiolo Bedrooms #1 & #2 // $5500 per person for double occupancy, $6100 per person for single occupancy: Cozy and lovely rooms with private bathrooms across the hallway, just a few steps outside the room. Bedroom #1 has the option for a King bed or two Twin beds. Bedroom #2 has a Queen bed.
- Frantoio Bedrooms #1 & #2 // $5200 per person for double occupancy, $5800 per person for single occupancy: Well appointed and roomy bedrooms share an extra-large bathroom with separate room for shower and toilet for additional privacy. Bedroom #1 has a Queen Bed and Bedroom #2 offers the option of King or two Twin beds.
*Note for online bookings a booking fee of 3% is included in the pricing.
For questions or to book direct email us or call 973.327.2336